CAPE Results 2020: Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) Results 2020. The CXC CAPE Results 2020 is likely to be released on 12th August 2020 Online student portal. However, the result will be officially announced by the Ministry of Education during the first week of August 2020.
CAPE Results 2020
- In General, the examinations for the May-June CAPE Sitting is administered during the period 21 April to June every year. Students must register with the help of the Online Registration System (ORS) for the May-June 2020 examinations.
- There are three new subjects offered at the May-June sitting: Animation and Game Design, Financial Services and Green Engineering.
- At the time of registration, candidates will have the option to indicate whether they wish to have their registration details and results emailed directly to any educational institution that may be interested in their records. This feature will allow tertiary institutions such as the University of the West Indies (UWI), the University of Guyana (UG) or the University of Technology (UTECH) to have early
access to the candidates’ results.
CAPE May/June 2020 Result Release Date
The official release of results will be streamed live on www.cxc.org/cxctv and on CXC Facebook page from 9:30 am on Friday 12th August 2020.
The ranking will be first on Ranking Criterion i) listed below. If a tie-breaker is required, then Ranking Criterion (ii) will be considered. As necessary, subsequent criteria will be considered in order to resolve such ties as may arise.
The outstanding candidate will be selected from the eligible candidates who will be ranked in order of:
- Excellence in the Cognate Area: The number of Grades I’s attained in any of the units specified in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3. (NB These need not be in both units of any given subject.)
- Cognate Module Performance I: Module performance in Group I, Group 2 and Group 3 units attained at Grade I
- Total T-Score I: The total of T-Scores for units considered at Ranking Criterion (i)
- Cognate Area Capacity: The total number of Grades I–II attained in any of the units specified in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3.
- Cognate Module Performance I–II: Module performance in Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3 units attained at Grades I–II
- T-Score II: The total of T-Scores for units considered at Ranking Criterion iv).
How to check CXC CAPE Results 2020?
In-school (public) students who have completed at least Form Five and wish to further their studies are eligible to write CAPE. In addition, private candidates who are at least 18 years of age are eligible to write the exam. To check the Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) Results 2020 follow the steps below.
- Go to CXC student portal and login
- Enter Centre No.
- Enter Candidate No. (10 digits)
- Please enter Birth Certificate No. OR Centre and Candidate No.
- Enter Last Name:
- Enter Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Select Period i.e. examination name and year
- Finally, click on “Login” button.